What a 24 hours we’re in for. First things first, we’ve got a big give away,our biggest (read: first) yet! If you want two nights for free at a boutique hotel in Manhattan, read on! This blog is being written in between haphazard packing for another trip. In less than 24 hours, we’re off: A visit to Hong Kong,
a safari and visit with Laura’s family in South Africa (her parents recently moved to Rwanda), checking out Islamic Art and cool airport lounges in Doha, before touching down in Chicago to celebrate the New Year with some of my family! Then it’s home, for at least 36 hours before I’m off to El Salvador.
And as exciting as that all is, there’s something else: We’ve been interviewed on one of our favorite travel blogs, and it’s now live. If you’re a regular follower of our website, please check out the interview, but also check out some of the other great stuff on Million Mile Secrets. It’s a helpful blog we turn to time and again!
If you’re joining us from Million Mile Secrets, thanks for clicking through! For new and old readers alike, have we got a contest for you: Enter to win a free 2 night stay at a boutique hotel in Manhattan. Here are the official details:
- There are two ways to enter: 1. Sign up to get email updates of our blogs (worth 2 entries): 2. Like our Facebook page and then like and/or comment on the status about this contest. Liking the status will get you one entry, commenting will get you another entry. Sharing gets you no entries, but it does make you cool with your homies as you clue them in on a cool giveaway, which is always a plus!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The voucher for the two night stay expires by April 1st. We’ll send you the full details on how to book but you have to book before AND stay by April 1st, 2015. It’s of course subject to hotel availability.
- We’ll be taking entries up until 11:00 AM PST Saturday, December 13th. We’ll announce a winner on the blog early next week and contact the winner directly.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia only who are 18 years of age or older.
- At the end of the contest period, we’ll collect the entries through Contest Capture (which compiles them into a handy CSV export) and use the Random.org number generator to determine the winner. The winner will be contacted either by email or Facebook and have 10 days to accept the prize and provide us an address to mail it. We’ll be traveling through January 1 but will mail it when back in Los Angeles. This is where people get mad impatient and to that we say, we love you, you’re entering a contest to win something for free, have patience and be kind. The end. Of course if the winner doesn’t respond we will generate a new winner.
And we hope you’ll take the time to check out a few of our most popular posts.
A Millennial Travel Manifesto: Love. Love with incredible foolishness. I’m not just talking about a partner, though that’s great too. I’m talking about life. Assume the best in people. The goodness, that is to say the light in this world, is so much stronger than the darkness. Walk into each day with optimism. Believe in the best of people and have patience when people stumble toward your expectations.
A Guide to Social Justice Eating in Los Angeles. Want good food for a good cause? We’ve got your definitive LA guide, from the airport to hidden hole in the wall joints near downtown Los Angeles.
Wedding Tips and Tricks Part One and then Part Two Our Guide to the Best Millennial Honeymoon Destinations! From lazy beach days to grand adventure to the opportunities in your backyard, we’ve got your honeymoon possibilities covered, but only after you read our tips and tricks to save money and earn miles on your wedding planning!
21 Inspiring Travel Quotes to Make You Want to Travel Now. A few of the usual suspects, but many I’d bet money most of you have never seen before!
Because 31 is the New 21: A Traveler Reflects on 31.Travel, I have come to discover, is more a state of mind than a process. If we approach each day with the curiosity of a traveler lost amidst a maze of new streets, greet each person with the wonder and awe we have when meeting someone from a new place, we create an environment where the light chases out the darkness. Isn’t that why we travel?
Thanks for joining us! We hope you like what you see and decide to join us on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Or if ease is the name of your particular game, just enter your email:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Finally, a big thank you to Daraius and Emily for their generosity in interviewing us! We’re so amazed by how incredible and supportive the travel blogging community and it’s readers have been to us. Thank you!